Painting a house is a common home improvement task. It can also be a fun project.

The cost of interior house painting will vary depending on how many rooms you plan to paint, what type of paint you use, supplies, and the contractor you hire.

The cost of interior house painting primarily depends how big an area you plan to paint. You can expect to pay about $12 to $50 per gallon of paint. The cost of paint will vary depending on the quality. Premium paint is typically preferable as it usually lasts longer. Also, cheaper paint sometimes requires you to use more of it to give you adequate coverage.

If you do not have the required equipment such as brushes, rollers, primer, or clothing, you will probably spend about $10 to $50 on supplies.

You can expect to spend $25 to $100 on paint in order to paint a 12 foot x 12 foot room, assuming you will be painting the walls and ceiling.


When hiring a house painter, it is often better to get an estimate rather than try to estimate the costs yourself. The cost of interior house painting varies, depending on the style you want, the number of paint colors and the number of rooms.

A rough estimate is that you can expect to pay between $200 and $400 to hire a contractor to paint a 12 foot x 12 foot room. This is for a licensed painter who will be using quality name-brand products.

The pros of hiring a contractor are that you will receive professional quality work and save time. The cons are that it will be more expensive.


Searching for a qualified, trustworthy contractor to paint your house can be a difficult task. QualitySmith is a company that focuses on putting you in contact with reliable, reputable contractors.

Painting your house can be a fun project that improves the appearance of your home and increases its value. While many people may enjoy painting their houses, there are also a lot of folk who do not have the time or simply do not enjoy this task. Either way, getting an estimate of the cost of interior house painting is the first step before starting the project or hiring a contractor to do it for you.