A comprehensive guide to home security costs, brands and installation.
When shopping for a home security service provider, you want to find the best deal for quality services. Here's a quick rundown of the home security costs for the following companies: ADT, Brinks, Cox Communication, Comcast XFINITY, FrontPoint, Guardian Alarm, Honeywell Ademco, LifeShield, Monitronics and Protect America.
ADT home security costs ADT (Formerly Brinks)
- Average startup costs can total $200, but they often run deals online for $99.
- Monthly fees start around $30 for basic security monitoring and increase with additional services.
- ADT currently offers rebates on installation for new customers and 25 percent off upgrades for existing customers.
Cox home security Cox Communication
- Startup and installation costs are about $99. The system is provided for free with a paid installation.
- Rates start at $29.99 per month for a basic plan and $39.99 for the preferred plan.
Xfinity home security Comcast XFINITY
- Rates range between $29.95 and $49.95, depending on the level of services.
- Installation rates vary depending on the service you choose and the specials they are offering at the time.
Frontpoint home security
- Monthly rates for the basic plan start at $34.99 per month.
- FrontPoint's Ultimate security plan costs $49.99 per month.
- FrontPoint offers free installation and does not charge to move the system to a new home.
Guardian home security Guardian Alarm
- Installation, including next day service and tech support, is $99 with the online special.
- Details about monthly fees are not readily available on Guardian's website, but home security systems reviews indicate that charges can range between $30 and $60.
Lifeshield home security LifeShield
- LifeShield does not charge fees for installation or activation.
- The company is running a current internet deal for services starting at $7 per week.
- Sometimes, LifeShield offers rewards to new customers. For example, they are currently providing new customers with a Kindle Fire.
Monitronics home security Monitronics
- Monitronics offers free activation and installation.
- The Monitronics website does not offer details about monthly services, but reviews and customer reports indicate fees range between $20 and $50.
Protect America home security
- Protect America is another company that does not charge activation or installation fees.
- The current online rate for basic security services is $19.99 per month.
- Protect America offers five levels of service, which range from $19.99 to $42.99 per month.
Honeywell home security Honeywell Ademco
Unlike the other companies listed in this article, Honeywell Ademco specializes in manufacturing parts for security systems, not delivering security services. Some of the companies listed may use Honeywell Ademco parts and consumers can purchase those same parts through an online or local retailer. Part costs range from around $30 for basic switches and fobs to over $300 for alarm kits and technical components.
In addition to price considerations, you may want to learn more about the services provided by each security company. QualitySmith offers a number of comparison articles with additional details about each provider to help you make a more educated decision before signing a multiyear contract.
Always make sure you check with the service provider regarding the costs to install home security system products. You should understand the details of your quote before signing a contract for any of the following home security prices: ADT, Brinks, Cox Communications, Comcast XFINITY, FrontPoint, Guardian Alarm, Honeywell Ademco, LifeShield, Monitronics and Protect America.