A guide to GAF asphalt roofing shingles: Camelot vs Country Mansion
Many homeowners and builders opt to use GAF shingles when undertaking a roofing project. It can be beneficial to compare GAF Camelot vs Country Mansion asphalt shingles, two of GAF's top-selling 3-tab shingles, when choosing shingles for your roof. Both have some great attributes that make them ideal for nearly any roofing application, so you cannot go wrong no matter which you choose.
When you decide to install asphalt roofing shingles, you are making a smart move. Asphalt roofing shingle cost comparisons show that they are more affordable than most other types of residential roofing shingles. GAF Camelot shingles are a top choice because they offer:
- GAF Camelot asphalt shingles Attractiveness: Stunning colors and a unique design give your home a beautiful look.
- Heaviness: Camelot shingles are as much as 60 percent thicker than other so-called premium shingles. This adds to their durability.
- High performance: Camelot shingles have a warranty against wind damage in winds up to 130 mph. Each shingle features a patented adhesive seal that holds it tightly in position to reduce the incidence of blow-offs.
- Variety of colors: Nine different shingle shades are available.
GAF's Country Mansion asphalt shingles are an ideal choice for many homeowners who want the look of a handcrafted slate roof without the added expense. These designer shingles offer:
- GAF Country Mansion asphalt shingles Artisan designs: Dimensional designs and oversized tabs create a beautiful display that is unparalleled by other types of shingles.
- Safety: Underwriters Laboratories (UL) gives these GAF shingles their highest rating.
- Class A: This rating means that these shingles are safer than wooden shakes and some types of synthetic or plastic shingles that carry a Class C rating.
- Lifetime warranty: For as long as the original owner owns the home, Country Mansion shingles are under warranty.
- Natural color options: The color palettes used in the creation of these shingles are specially designed to showcase the natural appeal of the shingles.
- UV-resistance: These shingles feature special granules that extend shingle life and durability by protecting the shingle against damage from the sun.
- Cracking and splitting protection: A special core construction method makes these premium shingles resistant to cracking and splitting.
No matter which you choose, both of these GAF shingle choices are affordable options that cost just a fraction of what you would pay for expensive metal, slate or wooden shakes roofing. Both also offer StainGuard protection against algae. Moreover, both Camelot and Country Mansion shingles from GAF are crafted with Advanced Protection technology that gives you the ultimate in wind uplift resistance, granule adhesion, flexibility, toughness and resistance to fire. Both are also rated to withstand extreme temperature fluctuations, from the heat of the Arizona summer to the cold of the Montana winter.
Your roofing professional will likely prefer one over the other, and can make recommendations based on roofing cost and roofing warranty for each shingle type. If you don't have a roofer yet, QualitySmith can help you find a roofer to give you a roofing estimate, usually at no cost. When you compare GAF Camelot vs Country Mansion asphalt shingles, both are top choices that you will likely be happy with for years to come.